Grapholistic Podcast S1 Episode 11 Transcript: (Phase 4) Setting Short and Long-term Goals

 

Setting goals, be it a small one for your day-to-day activities or long-term as far as 5 years is one of the core reasons that could motivate you to go through your daily activities and encourage you to wake up every morning. 


Transcripts of this episode is also available at www.grapholistic.com
To book your handwriting analysis consultation sessionscomprehensive graphology reports and personality development consultation, visit www.grapholistic.com

Grapholistic's handwriting and characters analysis services are created suitable for personal development, and also for corporate business owners and human resource managers.

Hello Everyone!! Welcome back to another episode of Grapholistic Podcast. The pod all about handwritings and characters analysis. I am your podcaster, Sulianah. I am the founder and the Graphologist for Grapholistic International. Grapholistic International is a company which I built since 2005 focusing on personality development and handwritings and characters analysis.

In this episode, I will continue with Phase 4 in building your self-esteem and foundation of your personality. This part of phase 4 is considered one of the most essential steps to build your foundation. That is setting goals. Setting goals, be it a small one for your day-to-day activities or long-term as far as 5 years is one of the core reasons that could motivate you to go through your daily activities and encourage you to wake up every morning. 

During the 17 years of my time working with organisations managing personnel and the business human resources, I had the opportunities to observe individuals performances, mindset, the way the make decisions and even their way to communicate to others as minor as their behaviour, tone of voice and accepting or rejecting ideas and suggestions. 
 
I could see the differences between the employees who set goals and those who don’t. The ones who has no specific goals set for themselves doesn’t matter whether it is for their personal life outside of the company or their day to day goals. The goals they have in mind affects the way they think towards themselves and their personal value, which eventually are usually projected in the way they speak to others, the way they produce the end results which is the quality of their job, their productivity, their perspectives on things that are happening around them, the way they speak to their co-workers that means their tone of voice, respectful, manageable ego and many other factors. 

​Setting goals for yourself is the fifth point in Phase 4 under the Long-Term Process. The aim of settings goals is to keep you to move forward. The reason you wake up every morning looking forward to perform your roles in your personal life. 

Every day when you wake up you will not drag yourself out of bed. What are those goals? Set it, think about it, and you will feel happier when you get out of bed every morning. For instance, your goals are to run your own businesses in the future. Now you are at the beginning stage of your career where you are working as a fresh graduate in a company. Gaining experiences in many ways, exploring, and testing the market all that is considered part of the process. While doing this, if you don’t have something to look forward to, you will not be motivated to live your current life. 

You will feel down, depressed, no mood to sit in your office and perform the daily responsibilities that you are paid to do. When you don’t have that energy, the outcome will be unpleasant meaning that your work performance will be not on par with the company’s expectations. Everything will be like a domino effect. Your social communication and relationship with your colleagues and your friends will not be exciting and you don’t look forward to talk to them. These will happen. I have seen this in those companies I have worked with before. Employees’ performances were sometimes questionable even though the company gave a lot of benefits and appreciate the employees. There was at one moment of time that I had advised my director who is the owner of the company that personal motivation and goals settings could be the possibilities. When the employees might not have certain goals and aim for themselves, or when they couldn’t see their goals attainable in the company, that is it. It will affect their outputs, quality and even respect towards their job. 

Throughout the years, my motivations have been always what I wanted in my life. I want something that I could look forward to and achieve for myself. Just so you know, I am doing all these without being forced by my parents because sometimes people have to do some things by forced and it is their parents’ dreams not theirs. 

Over the years, I observed that even though I faced with situations like failures, or like heart breaks, it will last about probably maximum 3 or 4 weeks or the recent ones was like 2 months. I keep myself back up because there are other things in life that is more important than those problems I am facing. Don’t get me wrong, I will still experience heart breaks and be upset but because I feel that there is something else in life that need my attention, that motivation comes back up again. 

While talking to you about this, I had just gone through a heartbroken moment for again unrequited feelings about someone. I went through the same old process like when I lost someone. Missing them, wondering whether there is something that could be changed, but then now I am back up again. Attracted to new people, flirt again with new people, back to the gym and exercise routine, continue writing, publishing new books and exploring new business ideas to bring myself to that goal that I have been imagining and manifesting since I was 15 years old. If you are experiencing similar situation like mine, you know that within you, you can handle it. It is whether you want it or not. And it is okay, if you feel like crying while listening to Driver’s License by Olivia Rodrigo, or you feel like you need to cry it out while listening to the whole tracklist of folklore thinking about that person again. It is okay to feel like shedding tears or keep repeating the song because frankly all the songs are really a good one. But then on the other hand, you know at the back of your mind, there is something else that you need to do in your life. Something more important. A purpose that will make you feel the satisfaction that you have been craving for. The value that only you could feel it and could know the difference. That freedom of choice. 

To re-post these contents on your website, social media, blogs, articles, YouTube etc, please remember to cite the Author's name, S.Sulianah (Founder | Graphologist | HR & Management Consultant | Behavioural & Consumer Insight), and link to her contact. Email: grapholistic@yahoo.com

© S.Sulianah, 2005-2026 Grapholistic International. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding the Reserved Consumer: Behavioural Insights Through Handwriting Analysis in Asian Marketing | Handwriting Analysis and Consumer Insights | S.Sulianah